We know how important it is to you that your mail item gets delivered. To help ensure that this happens always, please include the following:
• full name and address of the recipient
• If possible, use a printed or typed address instead of a hand written one,
• If handwritten, USE CAPITALS
• Ensure the writing is Clear, Legible and Accurate
• Return Address of the sender (must be a registered address in Gibraltar) ALWAYS include the Postcode or Zip code,
• Phone number of the recipient. This will help avoid delay, especially with packets, parcels or items with merchandise in the event of an enquiry or payment of charges
• For registered items, please allow space for a bar-coded label (90mm x 70mm) on the front next to the recipients address.
Example of correctly addressed Letter and Parcel:
Addressing formats for different countries
To best assist your letter to get to it’s destination you should adopt the preferred addressing format of the country you are sending your letter to.
For example some countries have a numerical postcode, others have an alpha-numerical postcode. Some countries place the house number at the start of the street name, whilst others position the number at the end.
Below are two PDF files with a selection of examples from different parts of the world. These lists are not exhaustive. Always check with the recipient for the correct addressing format.